We all love that chiseled look that great contour makeup can provide, but seriously, most of us would love to know how to contour makeup with 5 contour makeup hacks. Those gorgeous contouring makeup tips can work magical wonders when you have the time, but on a day to day basis, it is great to let your products work double duty. You can have more definition to your features without all out, full blown contour face makeup. That’s a win!
We love to let our products work double duty, saving time, money, and space. Quickly using the same product for more than one feature is a time saver. Buying eyeshadow palettes that can double as contour and highlighting saves money, and having fewer products to store saves you space. Need a little help making this happen? We’ve got you. Read on for some great contour makeup hacks.
How to Contour Makeup
5 Contour makeup hacks
Your eyeshadow palettes can serve as your contour makeup kit when you want to create some quick definition on the run. You will need to choose a palette that contains neutral colors in the brown/taupe family. It will need to contain matte deeper colors, a lighter matte highlighting color, and an even lighter shimmery color for highlighting those features you love.
Hack #1 -Use a matte eyeshadow color that is a few shades deeper than your skin tone to create some definition.
- Tap the color onto your small fluffy eyeshadow brush and sweep into the crease of your eyes to add great depth in a flash.
- To slim your nose, draw the brush down the sides of the bridge of your nose, creating a pretty shape that you like.
- Sweep the color into the area just below your cheekbones to emphasize the hollow of your cheeks.
- Contour just below and along the jawbone for a more defined and stronger jaw.
- Take your fluffy brush and blend away any harsh lines. You want a soft and blended definition so you won[t look harsh.
Hack #2 – Use a shimmer eyeshadow as your highlighter.
- Take your light, shimmery eyeshadow color, and sweep it down the bridge of your nose, beneath your brows, into the inner corners of your eyes, and on top your cheekbones for gorgeous lights that will make you glow. If you want, you can add it to the center of your eyelids, the bow of your lips, and the center of your lower lip for angelic radiance.
- Always blend and blend so that everything looks soft and natural. No obvious lines please.
Your primer can double as your base eyeshadow color or as a base for your concealer. This is a trick I love to use everyday. I buy my primer in a pretty neutral color that can also be used beneath my concealer to keep it in place. If I have any blemishes or other imperfections, and of course I do, I dab a bit of primer over the area before applying my concealer. It really works!
Hack #3 – Use a primer as your eyeshadow base color.
- This is a quick way to get more definition that lasts. Apply your favorite primer in a neutral color all over your eyelids. Then sweep your deeper color into the crease and blend for beautiful contour and contrast with staying power.
Hack #4 – Use a lipstick as your blush, just above your contour and below your highlights.
- A pretty lipstick color that is in the rosy family can double as a pretty blush. Just apply to your lips, then dab a bit onto the apples of your cheeks and blend. Remember, a little goes a long way, so go lightly!
Hack #5 – Use your bronzer as your contouring color.
- Sweep into the hollows of your cheeks, down the sides of the bridge of your nose, and beneath you chin to create more chiseled features.
- Replace your eyeshadow contour color by sweeping you bronzer into the crease of your eyes, creating gorgeous color and definition.
I love knowing how to contour makeup with 5 contour makeup hacks so that I can look my best even on my busiest mornings. You can do all of the steps , or just choose one or two features that you feel like playing up today. Your beautiful face is gorgeous as is, but we girls do like to make the most of our natural beauty. Just a little touch can make a big difference!
Contour away and have a beautiful day!