Coconut Oil Uses
Coconut oil uses are being touted as the greatest thing since sliced bread. For years we were told that coconut oil is bad for you and that it will clog your arteries and kill you. Well, maybe not quite that harsh, but you get the picture. Never in a million years would I have thought that coconut oil would become a part of my daily diet and my daily skincare routine. How crazy is that?
It turns out the coconut oil that is very bad for you is the partially hydrogenated type that you will find in your typical movie theater popcorn. Uh, you can unread that if you are planning a movie night tonight and want to enjoy that tub of popcorn. May be a little won’t hurt, but the right kind of coconut oil can actually be a health food and provide great organic skin care. How cool is that?
To get the benefits of coconut oil, you need to buy pure, unrefined, virgin coconut oil that has been cold pressed. This type of coconut oil can provide you with energy, weight loss, and many other health benefits because it is a perfect healthy fat that your body needs. Yes, your body needs healthy fats to be, well, healthy.
Coconut oil uses include being great for cooking because it ha a high smoking point. I cook with it every day and it make foods taste great. The coconut flavor is very mild and practically undetectable. If you pan fry some chicken strips, just chicken, salt, pepper, and coconut oil, the taste is fantastic and the crunch is perfect.
Coconut oil pan fried chicken
This dish is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional fried chicken. My kids ask for it over and over again. It’s so good!
- Place 2 TBSP of organic, unrefined, virgin, cold pressed coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken strips that have been salted and peppered to your preference.
- Cover and cook until the side that is down comes to a golden brown.
- Turn strips over and cook until the bottom side is almost done.
- At this point, remove the lid so that the chicken will become crispy. This is a very important step if you want that fantastic crunch!
- Cook the chicken thoroughly. Both sides should be golden and crispy.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
Coconut oil breakfast casserole
This is my very favorite breakfast and I eat it almost every morning. Not only is it delicious, but I get a huge start on my veggies, healthy fats and proteins for the day. I am energized and set up for a successful morning.
- Hand whip two eggs with a little water in a bowl.
- Place 2 TBSP coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 bag frozen onion/pepper blend and cook until a little brown.
- Add 1/2 bag frozen kale. Sometimes I chop fresh veggies, but the frozen ones actually contain more vitamins and minerals since they are flash frozen upon harvesting. Plus it’s breakfast and I’m usually in a bit of a hurry. Cook the kale with the veggies until done.
- Remove the veggies, and add the eggs to the oil I’m the skillet, allowing them to spread over the whole pan.
- At this point you have the choice of scrambling them or making an omelet.
- To make the omelet tip the pan back and forth until all of the eggs are cooked through.
- Add the veggies to half and fold the other half on top.
- To scramble, simply stir until done, add the veggies and mix it all up.
- I love to top mine with my favorite salsa. Yum!
Enjoy the healthy coconut oil recipes and enjoy the health benefits of coconut oil every day!
These are just a few of coconut oil uses. Stay tuned for more!