The leaves are falling, the blustery north winds are blowing, the smell of fall is in the air, and it’s the perfect time for a cup of hot chocolate! At last, you can come in from a refreshing brisk walk in the cool air, step into your kitchen, and warm up with your favorite cup of hot cocoa! Can’t you just smell the mouth watering aroma and feel the warmth of the mug thawing out your cold hands as the delicious concoction comforts you from the inside out? Oh the goodness of that homemade hot chocolate. It just says love. When someone hands you a comforting cup of hot chocolate, don’t you just feel loved? Let’s make some!
Hot Cocoa – Dark Chocolate
Guys! It turns out that hot cocoa is actually good for you, especially if you can find a hot chocolate recipe that is high in dark cocoa and low in sugar. Dark chocolate contains a variety of minerals including iron, magnesium, copper and manganese that work together to give you great health. Dark cocoa is a fantastic antioxidant that can help keep bad things like cancer, diabetes (keep you servings very small unless you choose a low sugar variety) and osteoporosis from creeping up on you. It also serves up a great big dose of heart health! Not only does it make your heart happy, it can help keep your heart healthy! A little dark chocolate does the body good!
Nutella Hot chocolate
If you like Nutella Hot chocolate, Kandee Johnson has a great recipe that will tickle your tastebuds! This recipe is definitely a sugar splurge, but sometimes you just need a special, decadent chocolatey treat! Unless your doctor has forbidden sweets, fully enjoy this taste of comfort, and then get back on track with your low in sugar, healthy, and nutritious meals.
*Watch Kandee as she shows you how to make hot chocolate. Enjoy!
BEST NUTELLA HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
by Kandee Johnson
Here is Kandee’s hot chocolate recipe!
NUTELLA HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
- 2 CUPS MILK
- 1/2 CUP HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM
- 1/2 CUP NUTELLA
- 1/4 CUP CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- 1 Tablespoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- DASH OF SALT
- In medium sauce pan, on medium heat, add milk, cream, nutella and chocolate chips.
- Mix together with a wisk until smooth.
- Turn stove to low
- Add vanilla and salt
- Mix and enjoy!
- 1 CUP HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM – chilled
- 1/2 CUP POWDERED SUGAR
- DASH Of VANILLA EXTRACT
- In a bowl, add whipping cream and vanilla and 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- TIP: put the whipping cream in the freezer for a 5-10 minutes for faster chilling.
- Mix with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes, or mix it by hand for a few minutes!
- Add the rest of the powdered sugar, and whip
- Fill your favorite seasonal mug with the Nutella Hot Chocolate goodness.
- If you’d like (and you really will love it!) add some dollops of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top!