Pretty Prom Makeup Ideas
This is one of my favorite pretty prom makeup ideas for you, my beauty babes! It is fresh and flawless -fabulously pretty, lovely, and romantic. Princess-like, just the way every girl should look and feel on this most magical evening.
First, let’s work on beautifying our minds with a few interesting facts about how the high school prom got its start. I know, I know! Your school year is just about over and you are tired of learning! But guys, you can never gain enough knowledge, and intelligence is one of the top ten traits of a beautiful woman! Keep learning, and never, ever dumb yourself down trying to be cute. That equals boring and degrading. Gain knowledge and keep on developing a beautiful mind! That is true beauty that will never fade.
With your permission, let’s find out about why you have a prom to attend and why you are here looking for pretty prom makeup ideas!
Historians have traced the early prom, or promenade, back to the 19th century, when collages held banquets to honor their graduating seniors. To promenade means to formally introduce and parade the guests at a party. Each lovely girl, in her pretty gown, was escorted by a boy in formal attire, introduced, and promenaded for all to admire.
Prom night has progressed from an escorted and strictly supervised night of firsts – first date, first night to drive the family car, first dance, first formal event, to the lavish modern day event, full of limousines, fancy attire, and beautiful ball rooms. Hopefully it is still a night of firsts, full of magical, innocent steps toward adulthood. Remember, you have your whole life to experience the joys of marriage and adult responsibilities. Be young and innocent as long as you can, and just have a night of fun and celebration!
What about this most beautiful of pretty prom makeup ideas? Kandee has made us a gorgeous prom makeup tutorial that you are going to love! Below the tutorial is a list of the things you will need to accomplish this look. Substitute when you can with what you already own. Save your pennies!
Pretty Prom Makeup ideas
Get The Look- Things Kandee Used
- Cover FX Total Coverage Cream Foundation
- Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion
- Cover FX Natural Liquid Foundation
LOOSE TRANSLUCENT POWDER
- Any will do:)
- Maybelline Fit ME Blush in Medium Pink
- MAC powder blush in BLUNT
- Urban Decay Wicked Liner
- Drugstore Beauty
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Pink Satin
- Revlon Colorburst LipButter in Frosting Sugar
- Tarte Lip Stain in Lucky
- MAC Kissable Lipcolor in Enchantee
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeshadow Pencil in SIN
- SIN eyeshadow color – Urban Decay NAKED Palette
- L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Endless Pearl
- Perversion from Urban Decay
- SMOLDER from MAC
- THEY’RE REAL from BENEFIT Mascara
- Drug store fav mascara: L’Oreal Double Extend Tubes
- ARDELL DEMI WISPIE FALSE EYELASHES
GET THE LOOK – THINGS YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE
- Use your favorite foundation, or just use concealer where you might have a little redness or blemish.
LOOSE TRANSLUCENT POWDER
- Any brand you have will do:)
- A contouring color a few shades darker than your natural skin tone.
- Your prettiest pink blush will set off this favorite of our pretty prom makeup ideas.
- Light pink shimmery powder to make your face glow like an angel.
- Rosy pink lipliner
- Light sheer pink lipstick
- Frosted light pink lipstick
- Long wearing light pink lip color to keep it all in place for the evening
- Black eyeshadow color
- Gold shimmer eyeshadow color
- Nude matte eyeshadow color
- Gold pinky pearl eyeshadow color
- Pretty brown eyebrow powder or pretty brown eyeshadow color
- eyelash curler
- your favorite black mascara
- Demi Wispies by Ardell if you want the added glam
That’s it for this one of our pretty prom makeup ideas! check out our other Prom Makeup Tutorials to find a look you love! I hope you enjoy getting dolled up and promenading the night away!
Happy beautiful life!