Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Strawberry banana smoothie deliciousness is undeniably one of the favorite recipes of all time when it comes to the world of smoothies. The flavor combination is a mouthwatering burst of fruity sweetness, combined with the perfect, slight tartness contained in even the sweetest of strawberries. A fruity explosion that will blow your taste buds away!
Taste aside, what about the amazingly creamy, smooth texture that can fool your senses into thinking you are having an ice cream treat? Especially if you use frozen bananas and strawberries to make your strawberry banana smoothie recipe. The banana adds sweetness and creaminess. Add in a bit of creamy strawberry Greek yogurt, and you won’t believe the treat that your mouth will take in. An explosion of delightful yumminess is what you have in store.
If you don’t like bananas, you can leave them out and just enjoy the goodness of a strawberry smoothie. Just be sure to pack in a few extra strawberries, or any other berries you like, to take the place of the banana. I love to include the bananas for their creamy texture, but you can even use a quarter to a half of an avocado to create that creaminess. Plus, the avocado has added nutrients that are so good for you!
Speaking of nutrition, the strawberries and bananas are packed with nutrients that fight inflammation, and therefore many diseases like heart disease and cancer. The bananas will energize you and calm your nervous system, leaving you feeling great and ready to take on the day. The strawberries are loaded with antioxidants that will flood your body with vitamins and minerals, and they help prevent blood sugar swings, keeping your energy steady as you go.
The Greek yogurt contains a healthy dose of protein that will sustain you throughout your morning. It also contains calcium for your bones and probiotics for your gut health. A healthy gut is very important to the overall health of your body, so you can see that this strawberry banana smoothie recipe with yogurt is a great addition to your daily diet.
Add in the greens powder, and you have packed a nutritional punch that will make your salad at lunch and your veggies at dinner just icing on the cake. Maybe you could even have a little cake now and then since your body will be so fortified with robust nutrients!
So you want to know how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? I’m so glad you asked!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Things you need for 1 serving:
- A blender – I have several types, and they all work very well with this recipe.
- 1/2 of a frozen banana – I peel them, break them in half, put them in a freezer bag, and toss them in the freezer. It is easy to break them apart by lightly dropping the bag on your countertop. Remove the needed amount and put the rest back in the freezer. So easy!
- 4 or 5 large frozen strawberries.
- 1 single serving tub of strawberry, banana, vanilla, or pomegranate Greek yogurt.
- A dash of orange juice.
- * Optional A scoop of green powder if you want the added nutrition – I like to sneak this in so that my family gets a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals in their breakfast smoothie.
How to make your smoothie:
- Put your banana in your blender
- Add strawberries
- Add yogurt
- Add a dash of orange juice – just enough to make enough liquid to blend.
- Add greens powder if desired
- Blend for about 30 seconds